Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Flogging

Wow. I'm taking a ton of flack for my latest post. My dictionary style writing where I defined Holiday from a Mom's point of view. Not all here, but on Shoutwire and elsewhere in the cyber world.

Shoutwire shows that this had over 8,000 views. 41 comments and most were flaming me. Granted, most of them are knuckle dragging Neanderthals that frequent that forum, so not much harm done. Two very supportive comments that I really appreciated totally made my day!

My husband wrote a comment on another forum where this post appeared - again, I only posted it here and to my close friends - "She was being sarcastic--so was I. In reality, we share many chores over any holiday. After 24 years together, her sense of humor still really cracks me up." That comment made my heart melt! I love making him laugh! And its true, he does a lot of extra Dad duties on any given holiday.

Let me clarify something... I wrote this on the fly. I didn't mean to offend anyone by it. It's just something I wrote. I didn't write it to be viewed by 8,000 people!

Actually, a friend of mine who is a new mom was commenting on how holidays just aren't what they used to be for her since motherhood adds a new dimension. Holidays are actually a lot of work and very exhausting! I agree whole-heartedly! She wasn't complaining and neither am I. At no time did I ever say I am oppressed by my role as the mom. I am just saying - I'm the mom. Being the mom changes things. IN MY OPINION. And as my humor permits me to view the world, that is what I wrote.

Hey lighten up folks, it's just a post written in fun.

No comments: