Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sewing Baby blankets!

Not much time left till I'm a Grandma!  I am not finding a whole lot of extra time to hide away and sew.  So, I moved my sewing machine downstairs to a temporary little sewing table where I can keep my eye on all of the action and still get something done. 

I am running up and down the stairs for pins, scissors, different thread, etc.  Who says sewing isn't a sport?


With my "sport sewing" I finished three baby blankets for Charlie.  My new little grandbaby should be arriving in about 4 weeks so I don't have much time.  I certainly don't have time to try to figure out how to work my serger.  I am very frustrated with that thing.  I wanted so much for it to be my new best friend, but it just doesn't like me.


I am not doing anything fancy with the blankets, just adding blanket binding or rolling the edges for a little hem.  I am making receiving blankets that are large enough to use forever and some soft and cuddly blankets.   Next on my list is a swing seat cover.  Charlie doesn't want a pink swing.

Here is my pile of fabric!



2 comments:

Wolfpak5 said...

I am busy making Charlie an afghan and working hard to get it finished. Won't be too much longer.

Kate said...

What exciting projects--I love those fabrics!