Friday, April 24, 2009

The Biggest Mommy Crime - Guilty!

I'm sick.

Moms are not allowed to be sick! It's totally against all the unwritten Rules of Motherhood. And I'm doing it anyway.

I would love to have "called in sick", but that just isn't an option. I told Gracie that I'm sick and in her three year old wisdom, she pointed her finger at me and said "No!" See, she knows the Mommy Laws.

The kids have all been good today. And the big ones took turns helping me out and taking care of me. They let me nap, they brought me hot tea, ibuprofen, asked if I needed any errands done or anything from the store. Gracie snuggled me and combed my hair.

I hope they are still full of compassion tomorrow, it's another day when I can't call in sick. My husband is volunteering at our daughter's high school for 8 - 10 hours.

The baby is not letting me off the hook so easily. Feed me, change me, carry me, play with me... I'm doing what I can but she's got that look in her eye that says, "Stop being sick, Mom, that's not allowed!"

5 comments:

Living With Cavemen said...

Oh NO! Glad they are taking care of you. Mom's are NOT supposed to be sick. I hope you feel better soon!!

Michelle said...

Yikes. They're right. That simply isn't allowed. Gracie had the right idea -- and here's hoping that she doesn't get sick after snuggling with you!

Kate said...

I'm so sorry that you're feeling badly!

Mary said...

It's probably strep throat. Fever, chills, very sore throat, headache, ears hurt, tired... hope the kidlets don't get it.

Julie H said...

Hope you are feeling better. I just washed all the laundry so I don't have to worry about it while I'm recovering!