Thursday, July 2, 2009

What Holiday?

My sister called me today and it went something sorta like this:

...yadda yadda yadda...

Bonnie: I don't have to work tomorrow.
Me: Why?
Bonnie: Because its a holiday, well Saturday is, but you know how it works.
Me: Holiday?
Bonnie: uh huh
Me: What Holiday?

really, I had no clue.

Bonnie: [laughing] The 4th of July!
Me: When?
Bonnie: On July 4th.
Me: Why do you have tomorrow off then?
Bonnie: Mary, Oh My God! Tomorrow is Friday July 3rd!
Me: No way!

complete shock!

Bonnie: Yes
Me: It's July already?
Bonnie: Has been for two whole days.
Me: And what day is it?
Bonnie: Saturday
Me: Today?
Bonnie: [not sure whether to laugh or cry at this point] No, Saturday. Today is Thursday. Tomorrow is Friday. Then it'll be Saturday July 4th. The 4th of July.
Me: Oh. Oh, Wow.

I really didn't know this. I had no idea today was Thursday already.

Me: Where does the time go?
Bonnie: You need vitamins.

So, What are my plans to celebrate the 4th? I am just hoping I notice the 4th! Bonnie, call and remind me, Ok?

5 comments:

Living With Cavemen said...

LOL! You are too funny. Yes, it's July already, isn't that CRAZY!! I will call & remind you to celebrate. :)

Michelle said...

Wow. You're worse than I am! And I think that makes me feel a little better ;) Methinks you have a few too many things on your plate.

Julie H said...

Well you have been kind of busy lately lol!

Shelley said...

Neighborhood block party, I think. People are so different here...they're...nice. And friendly. Who'd a thunk that? :) It's ok Mary, you still have two days to get ready. You've got a lot on your mind!

Kallee said...

Wow, sounds sort of like me, haha! Michael had to remind me it was July yesterday too...