Thursday, October 15, 2009

TGI Fridays Has Nice Clean Floors!

I checked!

As I lay there all sprawled out all over the floor at TGI Fridays earlier today, I thought to myself... "How nice! The floor is very clean"

You see, I had this coupon for a free meal at TGIF and so I took my daughters there for lunch. Turns out, the coupon expired yesterday so we could have gone to any restaurant but here we were. Our first trip to TGIF in 5 or 6 yrs. Anyway... we were seated at a table, not one of those sturdy booths, but a table with separate chairs. Apparently this isn't an issue for most people and I had no idea I was "chair challenged". I am.

We already ordered and were just waiting. Lexie was taking pictures of Libby who was "reading " the beer menu book. Gracie was coloring her placemat. I thought Libby needed something better to entertain herself than pictures of beer, so I lean over to reach into my diaper bag and I reached too deep in there. Reached beyond the limits. My chair slid right out from under me and flew sideways then hit the floor with a loud clatter! My body went flying out into the aisle, feet in the air, and I did a spread eagle belly flop onto the tile floor. Thud!

I drew a crowd. There were a bazillion legs all around me real fast. Everyone was saying "ARE YOU OK????" And I was thinking, "Oh thank God there wasn't a bunch of ketchup and crumbs all over the floor"

And that's how I know that the floors are clean at the Temecula TGI Fridays. Yes, indeed.


***Answers to your questions: No, Lexie did not get a photo. She regrets that her compassion overpowered her and she didn't think of taking a picture even though she had her camera in her hand. I, on the other hand, am relieved. No, they didn't comp my meal! I didn't even get a free desert!

5 comments:

Mmom said...

Did Lexie get a picture of that little maneuver???

Alicia said...

WOW! and did you get your free meal because of that???

Wolfpak5 said...

That is good to know. People will do anything for a free meal, I want to see the photo.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

That's totally something that would happen to me lol

Michelle said...

What, no picture AND no free meal? I'm crushed. Entertained, but crushed....