Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wheels are turning

My favorite little bookstore here in town was in the newspaper recently.  In the article, the journalist sort of went off on a tangent and started to discuss a new machine at the library.  It sounds so cool!

It's a book publishing machine.  You can print a book that the library doesn't own, if it is available in the database of thousands of titles, or you can print your own book.  It comes out all printed, covered and bound.  Isn't that the neatest thing?

And did you catch that bit about printing your own book?  Yes, my friends, a person could self-publish.  Self publish.  Hmmmm.  I've got wheels spinning in my head.

I was on the phone telling my husband about this machine, and I started to tell him there was this big exciting thing at the library and then I interrupted myself and said, "I've turned into my mother haven't I?"  My mom the librarian, always telling me library news. Haha!  Now here I am spouting off library news. Oh well, I told him anyway. He thought it was pretty cool!  And next thing you know he's encouraging me to write a book. He even had a bunch of ideas for me.

Wish it was as easy as blogging!

No comments: