Saturday, May 29, 2010

Solicitor Super Star

Today's Solicitor Super Star award goes to.... the kid who just knocked on my door!   He was selling newspapers and magazines.  I was saying, "No, Thank You... Good Luck...  Bye Now... No, really, No Thanks..." He was having none of that!

Finally, he made me an offer I couldn't believe.  He said, "If you don't have time to read newspapers, I could just put it in your recycle garbage bin when I deliver it to your house. Then you don't have to pick it up yourself."

Isn't that something?  I could subscribe and pay for the newspaper and he would deliver it and put it right in the trash for me!  How convenient!  I said "Thanks for offering, but NO." Then I hated to do this, but I shut the door. He was still jabbering away. 

Cute kid, he's got quite the entrepreneur spirit!  He'll go far.  I 'm pretty sure he'll get that college scholarship from his Alternative School for troubled youth and stay out of trouble on the streets, even though I didn't buy anything from him today.

1 comment:

Julie H said...

LMAO that's too funny!