Monday, December 1, 2008

I didn't Sproing

Know what my problem is? I didn't "sproing".

I was talking to my mother on the phone this weekend and after telling her how I felt, she said "You didn't Sproing".

I was explaining to her that I am not healed up yet from delivering Libby. My doctor said I have a birth injury "Pelvic Symphysis Separation" aka PSS. This lovely condition causes pain and discomfort when doing one-legged weight bearing activities, such as walking, lifting, carrying anything heavy, going up and down stairs, getting in and out of the car, shaving my legs in the shower, etc. Good thing I just have a mild case of PSS and I should heal up well, it'll just take some time. Luckily, I'm not gimping around or using a walker or anything. In fact, I don't take tylenol for it. I just put up with the aching. Taking tylenol masks it and then I don't know when to stop and sit a spell.

Guess what I did this past week? Yup! Everything! I decided to take tylenol. I ate it like candy.

With my surprise visitors, the holiday meal, and all the fun things going on, I over extended myself. But I had so much fun! I drove to San Diego and back three times in four days. Stayed up too late every night and didn't get enough rest. Got up and down a lot doing things around the house, carried in groceries, stood too long in the kitchen, went up and down the stairs a hundred times, just the normal stuff. On top of staying on top of it all....

We went to the zoo, the beach, an aircraft carrier museum, and went shopping! In two days!

That's when I told my mother that her other daughter wore me out! I was aching and swallowing more tylenol. She reminded me that I'm older. I denied it. She knows better though. I promised that I am resting now, even though I should clean my house. I had to describe this PSS thing. I told her "You know how when the baby comes through the pelvis, your pelvic bone expands a bit because there is that crease in the front that is held together with a ligament... and then after the baby is born it sproings back together"

She said "You didn't sproing". She's right. I didn't sproing.

2 comments:

Wolfpak5 said...

Sproing is harder when you reach that magical age. At least that is what I'm told when I go see the doc. "Now that you are over ....", well you know what I mean. Things will get back to normal now just in time for Christmas.

Living With Cavemen said...

I wore you out! You wore me out! If it makes you feel better, my hip and inner high ached. Maneuvering my 50 pound son in your stroller that doesn't turn corners unless you pop a wheeley took it's toll on me. Needless to say I'm not used to being on my feet that long.

I was beat when I got home. I got home and slept for 11 hours. Man did I sleep good.

We had so much fun though. Thanks for being such a great host & tour guide!