Hmmm.... What should we name our half-baked baby #4? We were calling her Cletus the Fetus, but now we've changed her in utero name to Claudina Wilhelmina. If we don't come up with a good name, that one just might start sounding good and stick. We are taking name suggestions. We have to hurry, there are only 20 weeks left!
Here are the name rules:
1. The name has to be timeless, so that it fits her as a baby and as an old lady and every stage in between.
2. The name has to be able to have a nickname that has an -ie or -y ending like Katie & Lexie & Gracie. (But those aren't their Real names).
3. It would be nice to have a three-syllable name, but we could work around that by choosing just the right middle name.
4. It has to sound good with Schumacher - so it can't end in an s, sh, or th.
5. The name has to be a girl name - not neutral.
6. The name cannot end with "-Lene". so, there goes: Earline, Arlene, Pauline, Charlene, Claudine, Kylene, Faylene, Marlene, Maureen, Roline, Sabrine, Julien, Norine, ..... You get the idea
7. Can't sound like a stripper name. This means we are ruling out: Victoria, Candy, Jezebel, Elvira, Trixie .....
8. No scandalous political or celebrity names. So, not naming her: Hilary, Monica, Chelsea, Tipper, Reagan, Jenna or Barbara, Brittany, Miley or Lindsey.
9. Nothing that she will have to explain how to spell or pronounce every day of her life. Goodbye to: Cassiopeia, Baako, Xanthe (or anything that starts with an X), Raina, Adwen, Branwen, Kourtney, Uziah, Jordyn, MacKenzie, Makenzie, McKenzie .... etc.
10. Can't be the same or too similar to her big sister's names or her cousins names. This baby will have 3 big sisters, 16 first cousins and many more second cousins. Crossing off the list: Kaylie, Kylie, Carrie, Kyrie (sounds like Katie), Allie or Alex (Lexie owns all forms of Allie even though she doesn't use any of them), Erica or Erika (cousin named Eric), Lauren, Lori, Laurel (cousin named Lauren), Cassandra (dog named Sandy), Ann, Annie, Anna (we have an Anna), Jordanna (cousin named Jordan). Chelsea, Rylie, Taylor, Jennifer, Savannah, Michelle, Mercedes (cousins)...
11. Even if a name fits all the rules, we still have to Love it! (hardest rule!)
I know, it seems complicated. But the child has to use this name every day of her whole life, so we have to get it right!