Monday, June 16, 2008

How to Pee in a Cup

I put on a nice demonstration of how to leave a urine sample in a tiny little pee cup at my last doc appt. I showed 'em all how it's done! I've got the skill and technique mastered, why not share?

Last Friday, I had my pregnancy checkup but forgot to arrange for a sitter or a sister to watch Princess Gracie. Oh, well, I'll take her with me. It's just a quick little checkup. So, silly me, I took along a 2 yr old to my ob appointment.

First thing you do at these checkups is leave a urine sample. No big deal, they have a nice little restroom between the waiting area and the exam rooms, so I just took the princess in with me. First off, she wanted the sharpie marker. Nooooo..... you do NOT get the sharpie marker! I wrote my name on the cup, which incidentally goes all the way around the cup cuz my name is so darn long and the cup is really small. Then I put the marker way up high on top of the towel dispenser. The next preggo woman is gonna wonder where the marker is. Ooops.

I take that back. First thing you do is shut and lock the door. That, I did.

So, I'm peeing in the little tiny cup, and Miss Gracie chooses that exact moment to figure out how to turn a doorknob and open a door. She did a wonderful job! Her first time opening a closed door all by herself! I can't reach the door from the toilet.... I'm peeing in the little tiny cup.... facing the open door.... people are following the nurse to an exam room and I'm screaming at Princess Gracie, so of course they all look. And more peek around to see what's going on too.

Yes, I put on a show for everyone at the clinic. If there were any people there not knowing how to piddle in the little cup they know now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! At my midwife the bathroom is just off the exam room, so it's pretty private. She also trusts me to stick the test strip in myself and tell her what color it is. You know, it would actually be easier just to pee directly on the strip, wouldn't it?

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny!

Living With Cavemen said...

Hahaha! That is too funny. But embarrassing for you too. Glad Gracie learned how to open a door. :)

Michelle said...

I now feel justified in refusing to let Mister Man ever join me for an ob visit when I was pregnant with Little Miss. On the plus side, she did learn a new skill!

Birdee said...

LOL, that is so funny, maybe it was a good idea to wait until my son was 13 to TTC ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

desirae said...

What a memory to tell Gracie one day.. The first time you ever unlocked a door, you allowed mommy to give a demo to curious bystanders... Awesome.. I would have been all indignant, yelling that they should put the lock higher up..

Alicia said...

That was the best laugh that I have had in awhile! Thanks so much Mary. Don't we all just love our kids?!?! Gracie and Ruby are gonna get a long too well!!!

B. Fred said...

I'm laughing!!!! I can just see this all happening.

Beth