Sunday, January 20, 2008

On the subject of Carseats.....

I was reading Burnt Cookie's blog about her car seat dilemma and had to share my carseat excitement. Finally, the third kid, and I find a good seat! Third time is a charm.

My older girls had infant car seats that literally looked like 5 gallon buckets with a baby sized notch cut out of the side, so you could fold the kid in half and stuff her in the bucket. We always called it the pickle bucket.

Then they grew into their big baby carseat which had a bar that came down in the front and you clicked the bar down and the shoulder straps, etc. That was a pretty good seat, except that the underside of the bar had the protruding metal clip on it and I was always konking the girls in the head with it. They had plenty of carseat head bruises before they were done with that seat.

My how carseats have changed! For the better!

I have my tot riding around in the Evenflo Triumph. It's a good seat! Looks like a deluxe lazyboy. The teens were jealous at first because the baby has the best seat in the van! Really, look at that comfy thing! I want one for me! And it goes from 5 - 40 pounds so I skipped the pickle bucket seat. Although, the basket carrier looks pretty comfy too, not at all like a bucket.

Here is a picture of how Gracie rides. The rest of us don't have it quite as good, but we're getting over our jealousy little by little. No one else in the family can put their toes in their ears either. We've all got a lot to learn.

3 comments:

onthegomom said...

That picture cracked me up. It took me a minute to process that it was her feet up around her ears...LOL. My daughter who is 10 and very flexible can still pull off this feat.

Shelley said...

That picture is hilarious! I think all three of my kids can probably still put their toes in their ears. The oldest one because she takes dance, and the other two just because they're still young and flexible. I'm with you, I want a seat like that too! Not that I can put my toes in my ears, or that I would want to. I'm going to stop typing now.

Oh, except to say that I tagged you on my blog for a meme. :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

All the cool new equipment is ALMOST enough to make we want another baby. Nah, I'll just wait and buy it when I have grandkids!

It's pretty funny that we know each other in person and in the blog world now. I will check out some of your commenters and taggers sites this weekend. If you get a chance, I really recommend you visit Derfwad Manor & From the Frontlines (listed on my blogroll). See you in class on Tuesday.